Incorporate for FREE + state fees (FREE registered agent). Order in 5 minutes or less. Start Now

Registered Agent

C Corporations, S Corporations, Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s), Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, and Nonprofit Corporations are all required to have a registered agent in the state in which they are formed as well as all states in which they are foreign qualifed. Normally listed with the Secretary of State, the registered agent is authorized to receive legal papers on behalf of the business. A Registered Agent must have a physical location in the state and be available during normal business hours. While anyone meeting those requirements can serve as a registered agent, many businesses think it advisable to have a professional serve in this capacity.